New Music Video!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Best Compressor For Audacity - Plus Settings

I have discovered from experience that the compressor that comes with Audacity leaves much to be desired. So I searched high and low for a good replacement. The best, and most popular, is called "Chris's Dynamic Compressor" and can be downloaded Here.

To learn how to add VST effects into Audacity, check out my other post Here.

And here are the settings that I often use:

Settings Option 1

Compress ratio: .8
Comp Hardness: .35
Floor: -28
Noise gate falloff: 2.0
Max amplitude: .85 (depending on the file, sometimes .70)

Settings Option 2

Compress Ratio: 0.85
Compression Hardness: 0.5
Flor: -32
Noise Gate Falloff: 2
Maximum Amplitude: 0.95 (or 0.85)

Click on picture below for larger resolution

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you using these settings for vocals, individual instruments or final mixes?

Thanks,

Kevin

Unknown said...

Great too to make amendments in musical videos.
aircompressorhub

Unknown said...

Appreciate it! Thanks, I think other website proprietors should take this site as an model, very clean and excellent user friendly style and design, let alone the content. You’re an expert in this topic!

Tony Nguyen.Q said...

Haha , Got it . Thanks for your guide . I did it some times but not success .
Now is Ok .

John said...

I think I must try it again though I also failed for the first time.

Daniel said...

I love your post, it really good and interesting.

William said...

Thanks for your guide . I did it some times but not success .
Now is Ok .

Joshua Johnson said...

Very Nice article, I really liked it I have done bookmark this site.

Tom Bradly said...

This is a great experiment and thanks for sharing the settings, too. Maybe I'll try to play around like you did with this one and compare the results.

Ronald I Bremer said...

Use top class air compressor reviews . You will never be disappointed. So, it is high time use it.

Toby Daniels said...

After spending some time reading your article on Best Compressor For Audacity, I got to say you, hello, Peter! I think it’ll save me serious time doing the research for one of the resources for our community as well as the website, Spottingpro.

Carla W. Smith said...

Can you or anyone else suggest me to buy a new compressor?
http://routertable.me

Steve Jefferson said...

Great article on Best Compressor For Audacity! Thank you for sharing it. I did it some times but no success but it works now.

The Shopswell said...

The Shopswell picks up the best products from the market after research to save people's time.

CRU AIR + GAS said...

You've shared heaps of important information in your article. It's a genuinely informative and beneficial article for us. Keep posting, Favor your heart. emergency pet compressor rental

shebi said...

k2m78j4z99 a2d45f5q77 w8a25g2h16 z4e66i5j43 t6l61d0b17 h2i46v9b23

Anonymous said...

golden goose sale
cheap jordans
kevin durant shoes
cheap hermes belt
golden goose on sale